Saturday, February 23, 2013

Welcome to the Best Films of 2012

Finally!  It took a lot longer than I ever expected/wanted it to, but I have finished my annual list of the films of the year, and just in time for The Oscars.  2012 turned out to be an exceptional year for the film world, perhaps one of the strongest in recent memory.  For this list, I saw a total of 100 films, the great majority of those I actually really liked.  While I did end up having a clear cut #1 film, the other 99 were extremely hard to rank.  Of course there were some disappointments along the way, but for the most part, I'm very happy with what was put out there.

Originally, the plan was to rank and discuss all 100 movies I saw this year.  Unfortunately, that was a bit of a pain in the ass.  So, I decided to cut the pain in half and only discuss the top 50.  Still, I have already ranked the lower 50, so I have to share them.  Those "Honorable Mentions" can be found after the jump, then the rest of the list will be revealed in chunks each hour on the hour, leading up to the big reveal of #1 in primetime at 8.  Again, The Best Films in 2012 list officially starts after the jump.

*Note: Like every year, I didn't get a chance to see every movie I wanted to.  Movies like The Life of Pi, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Amour come to mind.  I'm sure I will see them eventually and I'm sure I'll probably like them too.




The Best Films of 2012: #100-51


100.  High School

99.  The Innkeepers

98.  The Dictator

97.  Beyond the Black Rainbow

96.  The Loneliest Planet

95.  Silent House

94.  Red Dawn

93.  The Hunter

92.  Casa de mi Padre

91.  Post Mortem








83.  Alps



80.  Polisse

79.  Red Lights






73.  Detachment





68.  V/H/S

67.  Pusher

66.  Klown

65.  Savages


63.  The FP

62.  Prometheus











No comments:

Post a Comment